Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home

I'm home!!!
My return was filled with mixed emotions... I was very sad to leave the Philippines. I cried; I've never done that before leaving anywhere, not even home. I developed such a bond and relationship with the people. I have great friends there that I will miss very much, but I am thankful for skype and facebook! God blessed me so much with friendships. They were a great source of encouragement, they taught me a lot (about the culture, about myself, about God and serving Him, and using relationships for ministry). I'll talk more about these specific lessons and people later :)

I felt comfortable there, still stretched, but I felt at home. I knew I was loved, appreciated, and cared for. We all spent lots of quality time together, which is the best! Some people have asked me about my favorite part of the trip... I'd have to say it was developing relationships, not an actual "event." Sure, I had lots of amazing experiences and opportunities, but its the people that really made those events memorable. Some people collect "things" or possessions, but I collect people. I'll share my "collection" with you in my next post... but my comp crashed after I got all my pics uploaded (haha) so until its up and running again my blogs will be just words and no exciting pics.

An update about home...
I stayed up all night my last night in the Philippines and had an amazing time, but the result was exhaustion. My flights felt like they went super fast, I slept seriously the whole time, which was a major blessing. Mom, Dad, Jewel, Jeff, Joni, Leah & Mallory greeted me at the airport. Joni made me tasty cookies. Leah and Mallory grew tons - it was only my second time to see my youngest niece Mallory! :) She is stinking adorable, never cried for Aunt Jessie. Leah reached out for me right away, i'm her absolute favorite :) She got out of her stroller and watched for my luggage with me, each time a suitcase came down the ramp onto the belt she'd laugh, it was hilariously adorable. Then she pulled my luggage around with gramps while I cuddled Mallory. Then we went to Jeff & Joni's and I had them try the tamarinds I snuck home in my luggage. They were initially grossed out by the looks but everyone enjoyed them but Jewel... who barely even took a bite big enough to taste it.

I'm not struggling getting adjusted to the time change... yet... i don't think. I'm staying up super late, which is normal for me. I slept in Saturday but got up early for church this morning. I haven't taken any naps - I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes :)

It was so great being at my home church today. Sunday school, worship, and the preaching satisfied my soul perfectly. It was encouraging and convicting at the same time. I felt God's presence alive and real, I'm so blessed. I know I don't always have to feel it, but it sure is nice when I have that assurance. I also got like a million hugs and "welcome home, we were praying for you!" greetings. I have so many faithful prayer supporters! Then tonight after the service I went out to eat with David & Michele - ahh, i love them, they are like my family :) It was great to reunite and share my experiences before they head to Puerto Rico with Jewel. They were so excited and wanted to hear everything, yay! because I love talking about it all!!! This afternoon my mom came to my room and we talked on my bed for over an hour, which was great too... we needed that time together. She's so supportive of me and my endeavors. Family is super important to me!

Anyways, that's all for now :)

"Be joyful always.
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment