Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Aldean


Thursday, June 10
Waiting for him to get home...


Still waiting...


The gang


Basket with balut
I was not the least bit interested in eating that again


The boys with his nephew


Robin serenading us while we wait


His momma making the meal


We hid in his room and "surprised" the birthday boy
by throwing corn starch on him.


Pastor Aldean turned 25 on Thursday. The youth got together to help him celebrate. We finished painting and went to his house to wait for him to get home from class. He suspected us so he took his time. That's okay; while we waited I spent quality time with his dad. We talked theology, some of which was way over my head, but I enjoyed it still. He also told me stories about Aldean. Aldean finally got home and came down to his room - we threw corn starch on him and I videotaped it. He knew we were there but his reaction was still funny. Then we all hung out for a few hours and ate some food. I tried kare-kare for the first time and it was pretty good (except for the bagoong - definitely left that off!) I love these people, we had so much fun. The night was full of laughter - the best way to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment