Thursday, June 3, 2010

Picture update of some highlights

At Baker's Hill (Palawan) with my 2 Kuyas (Filipino brothers). These guys are so special and take such good care of me. I've spent lots of quality time with them and have grown to love them. Joel is our host here and Richard is a good friend - our host in Palawan and now he travels with us some in Manila.

With Aldean at the youth service in Bagong Nayon. I will be speaking there on June 13. He is the youth pastor. We have spent a lot of time together. He has a great heart and is full of passion for his ministry. He has a great group of youth!

Island hopping in Palawan. This is a signature pose - its called the Jonas - named after Jonas at Vista Church (the dump area). He was a crazy 2 yr old boy that had us laughing all the time. Jerome (van driver) is first in front row, Joel (host pastor) is on the end, and Richard (the man) is at the end of the second row.


Team bonding while waiting to load the boat at the underground river. Aren't we a colorful bunch! You should be jealous you didn't get to wear those things - they smelled like someone else's b.o.


Riding in my favorite Jeepney (Alex Bing - i'll have to share stories later!) with my 2 favorite Filipino kids - Jed & Aiah. We'ved had many great times together. They call me "ate" (older sister), which is cultural. But its still means a lot to me b/c they are my family here.


Making faces with Joel and Jed while waiting for our food at Holy Cow. I just love this family - they are so much fun! We did a lot of this "face making" stuff in restaraunts last year.


Watching the sunset at SM Mall of Asia. We had an awesome time witnessing God's creative and glorious beauty. That's Francis sitting down and Aldean modeling.


At JE Camp for the Church's 10th anniversary. We went on a tour. These are the girls of the church that i've fallen in love with. It was my first day as the only American, so they were very accomodating with their English.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you. Sounds like you are having a great time and your internship is going great. Can't wait to hear more when you return home.

    ReplyDelete