Friday, June 11, 2010

Jewel

These are all pictures of her in Mozambique

Marveling at God's glory. Trees are the best in Africa...

Jewel has always wanted to go to Africa.
My grandparents were missionaries there - missions is in our blood.
Our grandad Ache is Jewel's hero.
He passed away before I felt like I really got to know him (kindergarden).
But he inspired Jewel and his memory lives inside of her.
Jewel, grandad would be so proud of you right now!

She says she calls this baby "The Tank"


Jewel is not just my twin and roommate but she's my best friend. She is so patient and loving towards me. I have hurt her so many times, but she still loves me. We had so much fun together - so many years of laughter and memories. There have also been tears because we have been through a lot together. We rely upon each other for strength and encouragement. She has taught me oh so much and keeps me accountable to work on my weaknesses. I don't tell her how much I appreciate and love her as often as I should. Many times we don't even use words (yeah, its that weird twin-vibe thing, haha) but know exactly what the other is feeling. We started down the same path in life but through the years we've veered in different directions. In 2004 we went on our first overseas mission trip together. Soon after she received her call into missions and I received mine for working with the impoverished. We have grown together through our missions experiences - both of our passions are developing. Now we are serving separately in what feels like worlds apart, she is in Mozambique, Africa while I'm in the Philippines. Her heart is in Camodia where she'll be living her life as a full-term missionary. It will be a sad day when she leaves, knowing its much longer than we're used to being seperate. But it will be a happy day because I will be (and am) so excited for her!

Soaking up the Indian Ocean

Please pray for Jewel. I love her. I miss her.
She needs Jesus' love, comfort, protection, and peace.
She is doing her internship and wants to learn and be stretched.
She is leading people to be saved; she is discipling them.
She is one awesome girl experiencing awesome opportunities.


Playing red-light green-light with the kids


Dear God, please be with Jewel. Please use her, guide her, be with her. Please strengthen her in these difficult times - give her the peace and comfort that only you can provide. Protect her from physical, emotional, and spiritual threats with the arms of your angels. Give her food to nourish her body and Your word to feed her soul. Show her who You are and what You have planned for her life - give her assurance and guidance in Your call and will for her. Teach her what to do and where to go - how to best be used in ministry for Your Kingdom. Love her in a way that only You can, bless her as a daughter of the King, help her to know how beautiful she is. Help her to soak in the experiences and not waste any opportunities. Give her relationships with the people that she can cherish forever. Bless her to have the time of her life.



Rocking an African skirt with her new friends

No comments:

Post a Comment