Wednesday, June 9, 2010

God is GOOD - ALL the time!

Hi =D Okay, so i'm having the time of my life here in the Philippines... but, I have to admit that sometimes I still do struggle here. Wednesday was one of those days...

We painted all day at Onesimo's drop in center (which i'll talk about in another post). While I had a great time talking and laughing with the youth I still left feeling really discouraged. I came home and met more discouragement because Joel is leaving tomorrow for Mindanao and will be gone for 4 days. I feel fine that he's gone but things will be different without him here. We talk a lot and he listens to me debrief, he teaches me things, and encourages me. Texting just won't be the same. He is the best Kuya to me :)

After dinner they were having prayer meeting at the church but I just came back to my room. Joel said I needed rest and I knew that I needed quiet time. I didn't want to be alone though... I was so upset that my stomach hurt. I needed to talk to someone. I thought of who would be perfect - Andrea. I'd talked to her just 2 days before and knew she'd be the one to tell me what I wanted and needed to hear. I was to the point of tears - okay maybe there were tears - I prayed that she'd be on and then I signed into facebook. Guess what? God answered my prayer and she was on.

We talked and our conversation was exactly what I needed to hear. She gave me spiritual and emotional affirmation. She prayed for me - that woman is a warrior through thick and thin. It doesn't really matter what I was struggling with.. but God met us right where we were - 12 time zones away. He came and filled us with His presence. He renewed our zest and passion. He encouraged us in the ways that He loves us and uses us .


Oh Lord, thank you for making me a woman who is capable of anything when You are the Master of my plans. I know it doesn't seem easy, but even when i am angry and hurt I know that I can call out to You! You will hear me and answer me You love me and want only what is best for me . Your love elevates me; it covers my sins, hurts, and weaknesses; and strengthens me with peace and direction. You empower and encourage me; You are so faithful and good to me. I am so excited to see how You are using me and where You will take me. I trust You with whatever You have in store for my life. I feel blessed and know that I am perfect in You - I am a daughter of the King. I'm so happy to get to know You more each and everyday as You reveal Yourself to me. You are my strength, my joy, my peace. I pray that through my life others can get even the smallest glimpse of Your holiness, purity, and love. Your love is the best love, my heart overflows with joy in You. Thank You for showing this to me today. Forever yours in perfect love.
Jessica Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment