Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finished Product!

Last Monday we finished painting the murals at Onesimo. I didn't get a picture of the very last one we did - it was a bug and it was saying "Come, Let's Study!". Anyways, it was lots of fun. I loved hanging out with Pastor Stan and the youth. We had a great time bonding and talking and getting to know each other. These are the moments i really cherish - I've developed some great relationships with some great people. I'm going to miss them so much but i'm thankful for Facebook and the opportunity to look forward to another return next year :)

More of the same kids came back to help paint, but they painted walls in other rooms, they didn't help with the murals. A few of the same street kids came back again too, Omina (the sister of Amira the muslim I hung out with the week before) came back and talked with me. They all remembered me (of course, the only whitey) and were happy when I remembered them! It's the simple ways that I can make a difference...

May-Anne and I
I love this girl!

What a mess!
We started with the primary colors + black & white
and then made our own colors

Cute little boy hanging out

The finished turtle
Notice the title of the book is IWU :) haha

Pas Stan putting on the finishing touches

A pencil in the door way

Robin showing off his hard work
He did the angel all himself!

May-Anne, Robin & I hanging out
While others worked ;) haha jk

The kids did this
Except the white hands are mine, haha ;)

Micah, Sister Rachel, Robin and I
Sister Rachel works at this Onesimo drop-in center

Classroom door to the outside
With a Bible verse

The finished chicken!

1 comment:

  1. Those look pretty sweet! They will always remember those white prints are yours. :)

    ReplyDelete