Friday, June 18, 2010

Pascua Pamilya

The Pascua pamilya holds a very special place in my heart. They've opened their home and lives to me this year, that is something I could never thank them for enough. They've introduced me to some of my favorite parts of Filipino culture, and some of my not so favorites ... like bagoong. I've known them only one year but I'll never forget them. They are family to me now! Joel is like an older brother to me. He approaches me with advice and encouragement - he guides me in ministry and in life. We've had so many priceless moments together - memories full of laughter, love, and vulnerability. We've had so many indepth conversations - heart to heart talks - about life, love, and spirituality. He encourages me and convicts me. In our time together he has taught me so much, especially the importance of loving others... developing relationships is part of ministry! I don't have younger siblings, but his kids are that to me. When i'm having a rough day they lighten the mood, bringing lots of laughter. We have many inside jokes. I love spending time with them. I didn't cry when i left last year... or when my team left this year... but when I'm at the airport on June 25 I know i'll shed a tear, or two, or many.

I love you guys! Thank you for accepting me and loving me! I can't wait for more happy memories in the next week and even for the years to come!

Joel is always involved in ministry with us
He loves the kids and the kids love him

With Joel and Richard at Baker's Hill in Palawan
They are the best kuyas!

Joel knows what i love - watermelon!
And treats me very well!

The family on our last night together last year
The kids got so big in one year!

Joel and I at the airport last year
Happy because we knew I would be returning!

Jed and Aiah hanging out in my room!

With Joel & Richard for Megan's despedida
At De Villa Eschuvera
They find the best places! ~ We ate under the waterfall

Jeepney ride with Jed and Aiah :)
They practically sat on top of me the whole time...
But i loved it!!!

On our last night together last year
Being ridiculous in restaurants... as normal ;)

Making faces at Holy Cow.
There's never a dull moment when us 3 are together!
We did this lots last year too!

Joel and his lovely half, Lenny
They celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary June 6

Joel being himself!
Crazy and sweaty!

Joel & Richard make a cute pair

Sleeping silently (for once!)
Check out that earring!

Getting lunch for island hopping

Sistah!

No comments:

Post a Comment