Monday, June 7, 2010

Cainta Wesleyan Church

This morning Micah and I went to Cainta for church. Its at the Wesleyan Academy - so nice (it had air conditioning!) We had to take 2 tricycles, 2 jeepneys, and a taxi to get there. An hour later we arrived. It had been pouring down rain (with only 1 umbrella) so we were soaked and our feet were gross. We got there and met the Pastor who took us to a Sunday School class. At first i wasn't excited about it... but God slapped me in the face with a wake-up call and I was so so so blessed!
Here's what I wrote in my journal...

Sunday school was on James 4:13-17 and entitled "Boasting about Tomorrow." It him me as to how I'm approaching situations I'm dealing with here. The ice-breaker was sharing where we see ourselves being in 2 years and in 5 years. They called on me to go first (sure, we can pick on the whitey!). The lesson shared that we can't control the future, tomorrow is unsure, and life is short. We need to approach things as the Lord wills (Acts 18:21 and 1 Corinthians 16:7). It is boastful arrogance when we think we can plan and take control from God. he knows and contorls our future, so we should consult/entrust our plans to him. Not only that - but he loves us and wants whats best for us. We don't always know whats in our best interest.

God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving. Becuase of His infinite wisdom, He knows our future. Because of his great power, He controls our future. Because of His everlasting love, He wants to guide us and give us a good future. Becauseof who He is, we can entrust our future to Him. But ironically, we sometimes would rather trust others. James redirects us to who and what really matters when it comes to planning our future...

How do we know the things we plan for are in accordance with His will? Answer: prayer, reading of the scriptures, silence and solitude with Him (quality time!), and seek Godly counsel (parents, pastors, & friends). He is the only one who can provide the right guidance, wisdom and peace to protect us (emotionally, spiritually, and physically) and take us on the right course. This is especially important for me to pay attention to right now... I am praying to my loving God to commit to include Him in planning for my future and activities. I am making Him the Lord of my plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment