Sunday, August 22, 2010

In Christ Alone

I went to Church this Sunday morning for the first time in 4 weeks. It was awesome, awesome. While God's been physically restoring me the past 4 weeks, He's also been restoring my spirit. I truly felt blessed to worship together in communion with my Church family. We sang my absolute favorite song, In Christ Alone. There's a line that says "Jesus commands my destiny". Wow. It was just one of those things... the whole song isn't about that, but because that's what I needed to hear, that's what stood out to me. God works in amazing ways like that all the time. I've been thinking so much about my future lately - the who, what, where, when, how kinds of things. My heart and mind have been wrestling in disagreement on some things and I can't decipher between the two which is right, which to follow. Anyways, I just have a lot more peace pushing those things aside. From life's first cry to final breath - Jesus commands my destiny. He's in control. He's got a plan. And because He loves me, it's the best plan possible. I praise Him and thank Him for that everyday.


Avalon with scenes from "Passion of the Christ"

No comments:

Post a Comment