Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's more than physical

It's not strep. You'd think I'd be excited about that right? Well, i'm not. I wish it was just strep but its not. I went to the doctor and waited for 2 hours. He diagnosed me with mono then called a nurse in to see it because it was so bad, hadn't seen a case that bad in awhile. I'd already finished 1 antibiotic but he gave me a prescription for another plus a steroid. I hate taking meds, especially ones that taste so gross. But, I know its what's best for me so i'll do it. Now all I do is lay on the couch like a doll, drink gatorade, eat ice-cream and jello, and sleep. In the past 24 hours I've probably slept 18. Doc said i'll be down for 2 weeks and it'll take 2-3 months to get back to my normal energy level. I'm sure I can handle school in September but I may have to cut out a class, which wouldn't be the end of the world I guess :/ The timing is good in the sense that I have some time to recover before school starts. But...

It's only been a week and... I'm lonely. I'm tired of isolation. I'm tired of getting tired just walking to the bathroom. I'm tired of only eating soft foods. I'm tired of feeling helpless. I'm tired of only talking to myself. I'm tired of side effects from the medicine. I miss my family and my friends. I want to visit grandma in the hospital but I can't. I want to hold my nieces but I can't. I want to go to church tomorrow but I can't. I want to be myself again, but I'm not. I'm not just physically worn down... i'm getting emotionally and spiritually worn down too.

Satan is really trying to attack my family. We started off with such a great summer. Then grandma got sick and has been in the hospital, fighting a seemingly never-ending battle. Mom moved to Indy to Jeff & Joni's to be closer to grandma. Then I get sick with something that will put me down for at least the rest of the summer. Now neither dad or mom are working so there's no flowing income. In lieu of all these events, the family vacation we wanted and needed was cancelled.
April, 2010
But, you know what?
God is still good! God will come out victorious! God is bigger than all these troubles! These troubles are only temporary compared to forever glory in Him. I can count on His promises to carry me through - He is ever faithful! His joy comes with the morning (Ps 30)! Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength (Is. 40)! The Lord will not forsake his faithful ones (Ps 37). He is an ever-present help in times of trouble (Ps 46). He preserves our life (Ps 138). He is near to all who call to Him (Ps 145). I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139). He has a plan for my life (Jer 29) and He watches over my life (Ps 121).

So, like Joshua I will declare "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord!"


No comments:

Post a Comment