Monday, September 27, 2010

Saving Grace

Last night in Horizon worship I was in awe of the saving grace of my God. He is so amazing. I was almost brought to tears thinking about His grace in my life and the lives of my loved ones.

The words from the song To Know Your Name by Hillsong hit me especially hard
Arrested by your truth and righteousness
Your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness
Convicted by Your spirit, led by Your word
Your love will never fail
Your love will never fail

And He took my place, knowing He'd be crucified
You loved, You loved, for people undeserving

I was especially amazed as I thought about how He miraculously healed my grandma. It wasn't by her body's own strength or the doctor's wisdom - it was by the touch of the Master's hand! I claim Psalm 18 for her (which is David's Psalm of praise for when God saved him when he was wounded in battle against the Philistines). She should not have lived, but God still has chapters written for her life. He wants to show Himself to her in new ways...

vs. 26 & 27 - To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd. (She is all of those except crooked.)

Then we sang Mighty to Save (we must really like Hillsong). Whenever I sing that I always think of a particular family member and how God is mighty to save him. He needs compassion love, forgiveness, kindness, and hope. Jesus IS mighty to save and I BELIEVE that He WILL move the mountains!

One last song - Our God by Christ Tomlin
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is healer, awesome in power
Our God, our God...

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?

I was trash before I found Jesus - literally, an absolute mess. You may not have known it then, because I hid it well. You may not know it now, because through His grace & mercy God put the pieces of my life back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment