Monday, July 19, 2010

JBC - Round 7

I just got home from my 7th year as a counselor at Junior Bible Camp. I have to say that this year I had the best group of girls yet. There was no crying, little whining, no bed-wetting, no fighting, no homesickness, few tears, and little drama. Nobody's stuff was broken or stolen; they shared and bonded. They slept well at night, lined up quickly and quietly, and obeyed the rules. While we were never the cleanest cabin we didn't lose as the messiest this year either - no bathroom duty for us :) I'm not sure what to attribute this amazing year to other than the fact that the girls are just amazing. I had 14 of them - 5 of which were new campers (4 of which I already knew) and 6 of them I've already had in previous years.

We had awesome times together - at the Splash House (Marion's water-park), carnival day, meals, crafts and classes, down time, and the services. I just love these kids! My church (Brookhaven) had a big group out there this year. There are so many kids that I see year after year and I love it.


Ben, also known as "hot-dog"
He moved away with his sister, Shea
I loved seeing him again & catching up on life

Gracie & Alayna were my campers from 2 years ago

Amanda & Katelyn were also my campers from 2 years ago
I don't know their friend in the middle, haha

Dathan is in a "I'd rather be cool than friends" stage
He always gives me the thumbs down when he sees me

Caylyn wanted Jewel and I as her counselors
But her mom told her not to be "too picky"

My girls
Front: Elaina, Shea, Maddi & Areanna
Second: Olivia, Zoie, Allie, Alayna, Emma & Emma
Third: Chloe, Amara, Kaci & Jessica

Bailey - last year of JBC :(
On to Junior High

MY Elliot Balooza - one of the Henrys
Love love love this kid! He's a fave for sure :)

Emma & Elaina
They led our cabin devos the last night

Ashton being goofy
There's a smile behind that tongue ;)

Getting ready for the service

Chloe and Zoie
Two of the sweetest campers
I had Chloe 2 years ago - her first year :)

You can't separate these three - they did everything together
Including going to the alter to recommit their lives :)
Oliva, Shea & Areanna
Shea & Oliva used to go to my church but moved away :/

Alexander in the Lazy River

Ian and Ashton in the wave pool

Highlights:
Maddi made a commitment to the Lord for the first time
Kaci recommitted her life to the Lord
Jewel prayed with Shea, Olivia & Areanna to recommit their lives
Elaina & Emma lead cabin time devotions the last night

I just love love love Fairmount Wesleyan Campgrounds. Its practically one of my summer homes - last year I was blessed with 4 amazing weeks out there (Junior high, Senior high, JBC, and Family camp) but this year I was in the Philippines during Jr & Sr high.

I'm working in the 18 month to 3 years old nursery at Family Camp again. I'll be a counselor too (which makes camp free, bonus!). I've worked in the nursery there every year for the past 8 or more years. Before that I helped David & Michele with the 4 year olds for 3 or 4 years. So its been years since i've been able to go to evening services - but now there's a young adult track in the mornings which makes the experience even more amazing! We'll have fun afternoon activities and afterglows to bond and fellowship. Then i'll end my night in the early morning at the Abston's bonfire. The Spirit is always so alive at camp - revival takes places, souls are saved, lives are changed, people are called and healed. Worship is fresh and the speakers are bold. I have a great sense of accountability at camp. Sounds almost perfect to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment