Sunday, May 2, 2010

Preparations

Well this is my first blog post. . . mainly for the purpose of my faithful followers, supporters, and prayer warriors to follow my adventures and ministry while I'm in the Philippines. I'll do my best to keep this updated. I'm not taking a computer so it'll be up to the reliability of Internet cafes.

I leave Indy on Tuesday at 10:10am. You should pray for me. I am not ready really. I am definitely excited; but, I am anxious about being the leader with sole responsibility if something goes wrong (especially travels), I am not packed, and I'm not ready to leave home yet for so long. My family has been running around like crazy so we haven't gotten to spend time together since I've been home from school.

I will be in the Philippines from May 4 to June 25. I will be with a team of 8 other IWU students till May 21, at which point they leave and I am on my own for an internship with a local pastor. Our main ministries are VBS, a dump ministry, some construction/clean up from the September '09 typhoons, a few days of sports ministry, and ministry in the local church and with adolescents. It'll be a great time - I have full assurance that God has prepared us and the field.

Isaiah 61:1-3 says, The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. That is what i believe our call is for this trip.

You said "Ask and you will receive"
Whatever you need
You Said "Pray and I'll hear from heaven and I'll heal your land"

You said, Your glory will fill the earth like water to seas
You said "Lift up your eyes the harvest is here the kingdom is near"

You said ask and I'll give the nations to you
Oh Lord, thats the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see your light
as it rises on us

You said "Ask and you will receive"
Whatever you need
You Said "Pray and I'll hear from heaven and I'll heal your land"

You said, Your glory will fill the earth
like water to seas
You said "Life your eyes the harvest is here the kingdom is near"

You said ask and I'll give the nations to you
Oh Lord, thats the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see your light
as it rises on us

Ask and I'll give the nations to you
Oh Lord, thats the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see your light
as it rises on earth

1 comment:

  1. Yay you're blogging! I hope that you will have a good opportunity to write at least a few times while you're there. Of course I will only be able to read them if I also have access to the net. HA.
    Looks good!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete