Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

2010 was a good year, better than others in many ways, however it wasn't without its trials and difficulties. Looking back, some trials have been resolved while others are still growing. But, I can say, with confidence, that with Christ's power I (and my family) are strong enough to make it through whatever is thrown our way. With our focus on Christ, He will give us the perseverance, whether we know the reason or not. But, as the year draws to a close, I am going to list my reasons to celebrate. Some of these aren't necessarily blessings, but lessons to learn from or events that won't be forgotten.

Game night for New Years Eve with my church family

"Girl's only" spring break in Texas ~ Mom, Jewel & Bethany

Simon had to be put to sleep

Junior year was the hardest semester ever... but I got a 4.0!

Little Mallory was born and Leah turned two (my nieces)

Developed some awesome, new friendships

Ministered in the Philippines for a second time for almost 2 months

Met and fell in love with my best friend

Relationship with my King grew in strength and depth, better than I'd ever imagined

7th year as a Junior Bible Camp counselor

Sold my mustang

Dear friend Christina Ramsey died of heatstroke

My mac crashed (takes talent to crash a mac)

Grandma is healthier and stronger and we've spent lots of quality time together

Strep throat and Mono

Committee chair for young adults in Indiana North District

Internship at Carey Services with 3 guys with developmental disabilities

Lost my job

Led the girl's Bible study for Youth group, to be continued this coming semester

Second semester in a row with a 4.0 gpa

Christmas while Jewel was away in Cambodia

Jewel and Titus are engaged

Experienced a 3.8 earthquake, which surprisingly woke me up

Applied to one of two desired grad schools, Robert's Wesleyan (IUPUI in the coming days)

Spent New Years with two of my youth group girls, Hannah & Malia Neumann

My verses for 2011:
Romans 10: 13-15 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" How then can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news."

Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved - you and your household."

Isaiah 61:1-3 "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort al who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.


No comments:

Post a Comment