Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Derek Redmond ~ Weak leg, Strong Father

We watched this video in youth group.
When Derek stood up and limped to the finish line, I couldn't help but ask myself...

What's my excuse? What do I blame for the reason I get down and can't get back up again? Do I let those roadblocks stop me from doing what I set out to do? Do I still accomplish my aspirations or get too easily tripped up? Do I let the pain of life's events stop me from seeing the glory in the end? Do I let the fear of failure keep me from even trying? Do I have the courage to keep going when my good isn't good enough and everyone else has surpassed me? When I do fall, do I let others come and help me finish? Maybe God gives me those struggles just to test how dedicated I am to my call...

No comments:

Post a Comment