Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Break

Christmas break finally arrived.

It started with a social work Christmas party
I love these people <3>

My friend Bonaventure Dusabimana graduated.
Jewel and I met his family at Bob Evan's to celebrate.

Family Christmas with the Ache's (mom's side)
Grandma, mom & I partnered to make the meal.

And Jewel's Christmas with Jeff & Joni, Leah & Mallory
Dad always gets us a matching gift.
These pajama pants sure beat the BRIGHT yellow fleeces we got one year!

I won the "World's Largest Stocking" in a drawing.
It was full of 10 year old boy toys, so I donated it to the Salvation Army.

Snow, snow & more snow

Jewel left for Cambodia on Tuesday afternoon.
After 36 hours of travel she'll arrive Thursday (1:30am our time).
Please pray for her as she's on her way now.

Lots of quality skype time with my sweet Wayne

Up & Coming:
Christmas Eve with Jeff, Joni, Leah & Mallory, then off to the "Reed Gathering"
Christmas day with Dad, Mom & Grandma
Speaking at youth group next Wednesday
Spending time in Indy with Joni & the girls
And... and... that's all the plans for now :)

I'm writing this blog as a break from writing research papers and autobiographical statements, and gathering reference letters and transcripts to apply for grad schools. My goal over break is to apply to two grad schools - Roberts Wesleyan College (Rochester, NY) and IUPUI (Indianapolis). RWC is my first choice and IUPUI is my back-up plan. Really, it is no fun, blah.
Oh, and early Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment