Monday, November 22, 2010

Jonah

I'm almost through reading the books of the Prophets and I've been struggling. But when I read the book of Jonah the Lord struck me. It's not necessarily a new revelation, but I was listening and prepared to hear what He had for me in that book. The last 2 verses of the book say
"But the Lord said, 'You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight. But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?'"
I had to ask myself... What are my priorities? Do I take situations into my own hands? Do I have concern for the lives of those lost in sin?

Today was praise & worship chapel. I stayed for both services to worship my King. The music was great but what's even better is that the spirit was so alive in my heart. One of the last songs was Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace
This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Thank you Lord for drawing near your servant in her time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment